- Election Judge
- Election judges work together to ensure their polling place is running smoothly and voters are properly served.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a registered voter of Cook County. Not registered? Register now. High school (juniors and seniors) and college students don’t need to be registered to vote, but must have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Serve in a suburban Cook County polling place
- Complete a hands-on training class
- Set up the polling place with your fellow judges before Election Day
- Work on Election Day from 5 a.m. until the results are transmitted and the equipment has been packed up at the end of the night
- Serve voters while polls are open from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Spanish, Hindi, Chinese, Tagalog, Korean, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Arabic, Gujarati, Urdu - always needed
- Polling Place Technician
- Polling Place Technicians work directly with the election judges to assist voters and ensure their polling place is running smoothly. Polling Place Technicians also have more responsibility for setting up and maintaining the voting equipment. Due to the additional responsibility, Polling Place Technicians receive more training and higher pay.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be either a registered voter of Cook County or a college student with at least a 3.0 GPA. Not registered? Register now.
- Have access to a car and cell phone on Election Day
- Serve in a suburban Cook County polling place and work outside your home area if necessary
- Complete a two-part training class and pass an open book test after each section
- Set up voting equipment (with assistance) before Election Day
- Assist voters and manage equipment from 5 a.m. until the results are transmitted and the equipment has been packed up at the end of the night
- Deliver materials from your precinct to a nearby receiving station
How to Apply:
- Select the Polling Place Technician checkbox
- Applicants will receive an assignment once they confirm their availability and successfully complete their training requirements
- If a Polling Place Technician opening is not available, applicants may be invited to work as an election judge
For information about serving in Suburban Cook County, email [email protected] or call (312) 603-0965.
For information about serving in Chicago, visit chicagoelections.com or call (312) 269-7984.